Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Yup, HE wants to be a princess...no no, he's straight.

OK, I promised I'd post it, and this quote was one of the motivations for creating a blog. Sometimes you just HAVE to share hilarious stories with strangers, and this is one.

Picture if you will me (a tiny little girl), and my two big, strong, burly, Latino roommates sitting downstairs watching the West Wing. I get bored and suggest watching a movie, perhaps Princess Diaries. Jason (bigger and burlier of the two) says,"Oh man, I love that movie!" to Mike's and my astonishment. So I go along with it and we convince Mike to watch the movie with us (much to my excitement because I LOVE Julie Andrews and princesses).

I will now attempt to write the rest of this like a script, ahem:

[Sam, Mike and Jason watching the movie]
Sam: I wanna be a princess! Seriously, who wouldn't want to be a princess?
Jason: I know...I want to be a princess!
[Mike and Sam slowly turn and look confused as they look at Jason who is DEAD serious]

OK...I have to interject some more background stuff, if you've seen the movie, you know the "Catch a falling star and put it in my pocket" song. Apparently...so does Jason, yup, that's right, sang right along with it BOTH times it was played in the movie! Cracked us up! Ahem...back to the script:

[Sam, Mike and Jason resume watching movie after Jason sang along. Sam and Mike still chuckling to themselves about the singing]
[Sam and Jason start chit chatting about the movie and Mike tries to break up the chit chat]
Sam: Hey, let us girls talk!
Jason [to Mike]: I think she means her and me.
Mike: Well you did say you wanted to be a princess.
Jason: I do want to be a princess...I want a tiara and EVERYTHING!

Don't believe me? No seriously, it happened. And Mike and I couldn't stop laughing. Then, once the movie ended, Jason and I wanted to go run to Blockbuster and rent the 2nd one...that's right, he likes that one too.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it takes a brave man to admit what we all know.... EVERYONE wants to be a princess. Way to go Jason (thanks for sharing Sammy) :)

10:52 PM  
Blogger Charlie said...

That movie makes my eyes burn.

11:28 PM  
Blogger Charlie said...

And now you have to like Jason, no matter how piggy he is, because you can relate on such deep level, that of musicals and tiaras. A realm which I fear and avoid whenever possible.

11:30 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I was referred here to the penguin blog by allison. I'm glad I came on over to read about Sam's life. I'm a little confused about latino men and the princess movie that i've never seen, but it sounds like you will have lots to blog about. Go Lil' Sam, Go.

8:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It may be the fact that its 2:15 am on a work night (technically day now I guess)and I'm still up, but... who wouldn't want to be a princess. What other job is there in the whole word where you get a fancy title and get TONS of riches without having to work a day in your life. Myself, I'll pass on the tiara though, I'm not a big jewelery fan.

2:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home