Wednesday, July 20, 2005

RIP Iguanas

Wow...I'm so depressed.

Tonight, on the way home from work, I was STARVING and thought, tonight is definitely an Iguana's kind of nite. I pull up to a parking spot right in front of it and was patting myself on the back about the killer spot. Then, I look into Iguanas big windows and GASP, there's blue tarps covering the windows and the Iguana's Taqeria sign...no where in sight. I'm thinking, they must just be remodeling, or trying to block the San Jose heat, right? So I get out of my car and go up to the door. Taped to the glass door is a letter in legalese...something about ownership of the property not being turned over when it was supposed to/breach of contract...not sure what any of it means except Iguanas is no longer there.

Now that I live only 10 minutes away, my FAVORITE taqueria in the bay area is gone...I'm not sure if/when it will ever come back. I just don't know what to do with myself. I know all good things eventually have to end...but nacho fries? That should NEVER end...ever. Charlie, back me up on the yumminess of Iguanas so everyone can understand what a TRAGEDY it would be if it were to never come back.

On a less selfish note, I'm kinda worried about the people who worked there. Working at a taqueria (no matter how popular it is) doesn't make you rich...what happened to them? Did they lose their jobs? Do they get compensated for this lost work? Did they have to abandon Iguanas and move on to other taquerias? I'm not sure of the answers to these questions, but I hope all of them are doing ok.

I'm keeping up the hope that Iguanas is merely on a hiatus and will be back soon...I need my nacho fries and carnitas dammit!

4 Comments:

Blogger A. Diabetic Person said...

I hope it comes back too...you guys never got to take me there for cheese fries

9:21 AM  
Blogger Charlie said...

She means nacho fries, and yes they will always occupy a special place in my food-heart. However, my real heart is probably relieved that it won't have to deal with the processed cheese and deep fried starch again.

10:02 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

dammit..no!!! I'm not coming back to visit until it comes back. Keep me updated.

9:02 AM  
Blogger A. Diabetic Person said...

Yeah I meant nacho fries.

5:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home