Sunday, July 31, 2005

Bad Blogger

Naughty Naughty Naughty!

OK, I haven't posted in a really long time...sorry. I don't have much of a viewing public right now, so I don't feel too terribly bad. Last week was my last week at my old job and it was totally stressful. My boss is being a totally immature, unprofessional chode and making my work-life a very un-fun thing. I mean, it's hard enough leaving a bunch of people who you're finally comfortable hanging out with and have a really fun time with. I know the truth, people say they'll keep in touch, but it's a lot harder than that and I know I will probably only hear from and keep in touch with 10% of the people I'm friends with at work. But that's life, that's what happens when you move on to new things.

So Monday is my last day and we're having a nice Monday margarita lunch and I will actually partake in the margarita consumption...I'm pretty excited about that. It may mean I have to take BART to work tomorrow...but I still haven't decided if that's what's going to happen or if I'll just stay at work long enough to sober up. I mean, theoretically, I'll still have work to do right? Oh no, that's not right, my boss is "punishing" me because I'm quitting (I know, mature right?), but the punishment is him taking my documents away from me and tomorrow, that'll be a good thing, as I will have had tequila at lunch and need to pack up my cubicle. Punk ass...good riddance to him and all the grief he has caused me; after all, he is the reason I'm leaving this fantastic company...SO LONG SUCKA!

So my new job is going to be exciting...I hope. But I'm actually terrified they think I'm way smarter than I am. I mean, seriously, I just have a B.S. and I haven't used any of the skills I learned in school since I graduated over a year ago? Do I really know how to do biostats anymore? Do I actually know how to use MS Access and Oracle DBA studios as well as they think I do? Do I remember anything about ecological principles and theories? DO I KNOW ANYTHING?!?!?!?!?!?!?

As you can see, I'm a bit nervous right now and need all the support I can get. Here I go, jumping with two feet into a brand new career that actually utilizes my college education...it may not be as financially lucrative as my last job, but (hopefully) it will be more intellectually stimulating and I will (hopefully) be a happier person.

2 Comments:

Blogger A. Diabetic Person said...

Congratulations on leaving the chode!
Seriously, this is a huge step you're taking, you've worked really hard to get here, and I'm proud of you!

No one knows stuff when they first start out, but you'll learn.

And it's always hard to leave somewhere you've made a place for yourself in (even if they sell Hummers...trust me, I speak from experience) but the most important part is that you're making yourself happy now.

I really did enjoy the use of the word chode.

7:43 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey, if I can work (BS my way through)in a Neurology lab researching ALS for 3 months with 7 post-docs, and I haven't been in college in over 9 years, then, um, I think you'll be able to shine like no other. You've already got the job, so just find someone that is nice and you can show vulnerability to, and take 'em for all the knowledge they have. Deep down, people like to help.
Wow, that was long and a little pep-talky.

6:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home