Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Sustainable Fisheries Takes Off BIG TIME!

OK, I know as a die-hard liberal, I'm supposed to hate-no, ABHOR Walmart...but my cheapass Jew self loves the low prices the big box store offers. But they treat their workers and the environment like crap...until now.

Ah ha! Walmart vows to buy sustainable seafood!!! They are now stewards of my favorite cause, Sustainable Fisheries. I just found out from Seafood Watch that Walmart is going to source all of its wild- caught fresh and frozen fish for the North American market from fisheries that meet the Marine Stewardship Council's independent environmental standard for sustainable and well-managed fisheries. The decision will make dozens of fish products bearing the MSC's distinctive blue eco-label available to Wal-Mart's North American customers in coming years. Do you know what this means? Poor people can now buy eco-friendly fish!!! HOORAY!

I'm so excited to see sustainable fisheries is finally taking off! Check this out! And this! And people told me this wouldn't catch on. It's a grass roots effort baby...and it's finally taking off!!! W00T!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger A. Diabetic Person said...

Wow, you're so excited you "W00T"ed. That doesn't happen often.

6:44 PM  
Blogger Charlie said...

whoa, I'm surprised.

7:12 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

yeah, this is a rare post where wal-mart, eco-friendly fishery, and woot all coexist.

9:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home