Saturday, October 22, 2005

Honest, I work really hard!

For this story to make any sense, I must give background info. OK, at work, my next door cube buddy likes to throw things over the cube walls at a couple of us. Now, to aim better, we use the window of the conference room as a mirror. OK, on to the story.

Thursday night, our entire staff had to stay at the office until 7:00 p.m. Needless to say, none of us were too excited about dragging our carcasses back into the office the next morning. And once all of us got there, none of us were really in the mood to get any work done. But slave away we did...until lunch.

Our admin and I went to Taco Bell (one of my favorite places!) for lunch. When I was checking our bag of goodies to make sure everything was in there, she was gathering hot sauce. She asked if I wanted a lot, and i said yes. We bring the food back to the office to chow down in the conference room and she dumps out a pile of like...100 hot sauce packets. There's a HUGE pile in the middle of the table.

When we finish eating lunch, I go back to my cube. I have 95 hot sauce packets just sitting there, speaking to me, saying,"Throw me at him...throw me at him." So I listened, I took aim, and landed a PERFECT head shot. Now it was war. There was hot sauce packet pandemonium. He got a couple DECENT shots in, but nothing to match that first head shot.

Then, we got back to work. I received a phone call, and I had to go ask my boss a question. In order to get to my boss's office, I must cross dangerous terrain...the doorway of my war buddy's cube. I cross nonchalantly, and then I hear him get up, look out of his cube and come chasing after me. We're now RUNNING down the hallway as he's launching hot sauce packets at me. I run into my boss's office, compose myself, and ask him my questions.

There was peace for the rest of the day. But there's still a pile of hot sauce packets just sitting, waiting, perfect ammunition for our next battle.

3 Comments:

Blogger A. Diabetic Person said...

i love this story. makes me almost miss the random office drama that happens out of nowhere.

almost.

6:43 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I used to live really close to a Taco Bell growing up, and we would go snag sauce packets and then run over them with our bikes to make them explode.

I had to tell Allison this story recently, because they've started putting messages on the packets, one of which says something like, "I'm afraid of bike tires," and Allison didn't get it.

I guess she missed out on the sauce packet explosions as a child. Her loss.

11:34 AM  
Blogger Sam said...

Taco bell, it friggin rocks.

8:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home